Monday, December 26, 2011

Kellcyn and I made another visit to the doctor's office on Friday.  We saw the nurse practitioner and did a non-stress test, which is where we're hooked up to a monitor and Kellcyn's heart rate is monitored to see if it increases with movement.  "Stinker", "wild woman" and "very active" were all words used to describe Miss K that morning by the office staff.  The NP even said "I don't think I've ever heard a baby move that much!"  Kellcyn was quite noisy on the monitor...doing summersaults or something.  She's pretty much like that all the time.  She's paying me back for telling Daddy a while back that it seemed like she might be more calm and laid back than Em because she doesn't do a lot of moving.
Anyhow, the appointment went well.  Even though we spent more time just trying to get K's heart rate to read because of all of the movement, it sure enough does go up when she moves.  KB's heart rate was 151.  My blood pressure was 139/86, which the NP said was "kind of high for a normal person but pretty good" for me.  Ha!  We go back again on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment