Sunday, December 11, 2011

Kellcyn Brooke, you and I got to hang out in the hospital for a little while on Friday afternoon/evening.  That was a bit of a surprise.  My blood pressure, of course, is generally not very good, but the past couple of days it's been getting up there quite a bit, so I called the doctor's office.  I just expected them to say that I should increase the Aldomet to 3 times a day.  Instead, the nurse wanted me to come in to the office, so off we went.
At the office, my blood pressure was 160/100, but luckily there was no protein present in my urine, which would be a sign of preeclampsia.  The nurse practitioner measured my belly and listened to your heart rate (132-144) and said that that all sounded good.  She took my bp while I was laying down and it was quite a bit better, but still not great (something like 146/87), so she decided to do some blood work.  Dr. F then decided that since it was Friday afternoon, he wanted us to just go ahead over to the hospital to get the blood drawn, so we could be monitored and he could have the results before I was released.  So off we went.
We hung out in a room hooked up to some monitors (momma for blood pressure) and you just for movement and stuff.  You apparently were not a fan because you kept trying to hide.  You even would kick the monitor away when the nurse was trying to find you with it.  Stinker!
In the end, all was well and they sent us on our way with instructions to increase the Aldomet to three times a day, "take it easy" and go back to the office on Friday.
Let's hope this works for a while.  We would like to meet you soon, but you need to keep growing for a little while longer, and Momma would prefer not to have to lay around on bedrest until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment